Test Development Engineer
About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech), the Gallium Nitride (GaN) material technology developer and spin-out from the University of Cambridge, focuses on the development of high performance and energy efficient wide-bandgap compound GaN semiconductors by applying cutting-edge material technologies and solutions to unleash the full potential of GaN to revolutionise the electronics industry.
Porotech’s unique production process allows the controlled creation of a new class of nanostructured GaN semiconductor materials providing new opportunities for device engineering. We can control the process to vary the GaN nanostructures and hence engineer a wide range of material properties, such as optical, mechanical, thermal and electrical, and consequently offering an entirely new material platform for semiconductor devices to be built upon.
GaN is the silicon of the future, as it has many more interesting properties, including energy efficiency, than any other semiconductor materials. GaN-based LEDs can save 10% of entire world’s electricity consumption. GaN-based transistors can operate 100 times faster than those in silicon whilst consuming 10 times less power.
Porotech’s unique and world leading material technologies and device solutions will deliver multifunctional GaN semiconductor wafers with material properties and functionalities tailored and targeted to high impact final device applications. GaN has enormous potential in energy efficient lighting and power management, as well as lasers, quantum light sources, sensors, and energy generation, and our new material technologies will help make that potential a reality.
About the role
We have exciting opportunities for Test Development Engineers to join our team as we continue to grow. As a Test Development Engineer, you will be part of a team that handle, integrate, design, and test optoelectronic materials & devices, ensuring that our high standards are adhered to and any defects or quality issues are identified and rectified in real time.
What you will do
We are looking for a Test Development Engineer to join our process/production team and provide engineering and testing support to the wafer fab, concentrating on developing, maintaining and optimising testing capability within our electrochemical wet chemical processes and optoelectronic products and components. In addition, you will propose and carry out continuous improvement projects to improve the key performance indicators of the wafer fab, as well as supporting new platform and product process development.
If you have this mindset and believe you could bring your unique skills and ideas to the company, we’d love to meet you and find out if our challenge is just as exciting to you as it is to us.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Ensuring an effective running of our testing processes and protocols
· Maintaining day-to-day activities in both lab and cleanroom
· Assisting the team in electrical and optical characterisation of our materials and products
· Liaising with the process and product team on continuous improvement
· Maintaining records are documented thoroughly
· BSc in Physics, materials science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering or a similar discipline, or two years testing or process engineer experience in semiconductors
· Experience of working in a laboratory or manufacturing environment
· Observant and excellent attention-to-detail
· Experience with handling and disposing of chemicals
· Data analysis & programming skills: Tableau, JMP, Excel macro, Python, C, Matlab, Arduino sketches, SQL, HTML
· Hands-on cleanroom experience
· Hands-on experience with optical microscopy, electroluminescence, and photoluminescence spectroscopy and testing
· Knowledge and understanding of wide-bandgap semiconductor materials and characterisation, processing technologies
· Experience with materials characterisation using optical microscopy, EL, PL, XRD, SEM, AFM etc.
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate will also benefit from a generous company share option program. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to making your acquaintance.